- Shepherd’s hut for 4 from £75 per night
- 1 double and 2 bunks.
Suitable for children of all ages
Children and pets both welcome, but please be careful of the resident sheep. Be aware there is only room for either 2 children OR just 1 baby. There’s no room for a travel cot but a bed guard can be provided for the bottom bunk if the top bunk isn’t in use.
In your own clearing at the edge of the woods you will find a camp with everything you need for an adventurous holiday of comfort. Not only are you going to be tucked away in your own corner of woodland but there will be the backdrop of the North Lake fells to gaze out to. Full size doubles with feather down duvets and sheepskin rugs soften up your traditional shepherd’s hut which will keep you warm and cosy thanks to the wood burner. Tinker away in the kitchen, just a few steps from your hut, or take one of the most special baths of your life in this well designed forest shelter. There’s the opportunity to go even more rustic with a fire pit for campfire cookery. Groceries can be supplied by your hosts. Simply order before you get there from the list provided and get a delivery of local, seasonal produce to your camp.
The important stuff
- Check in time is 4pm
- Check out time is 10:30am
- Each hut has a full size 4’6″ x 6’2″ double bed at one end and 2 single bunks at the other that can be adapted into a sofa
- The hut is powered by solar power or a 12 volt battery which can be used to charge phones and so on
- There are charging points in each camp for phones or cameras but no plug sockets
- not suitable for electro sensitive individuals as solar panels are close to each camp
- Sleeping arrangements
- 1 double and 2 bunks.
Extra space available
Space for 2 pets no charge.
Kids & Pets
Children and pets both welcome, but please be careful of the resident sheep. Be aware there is only room for either 2 children OR just 1 baby. There’s no room for a travel cot but a bed guard can be provided for the bottom bunk if the top bunk isn’t in use. Please call +44 (0)117 204 7830 to enquire and book.
- Gas hobs
- Wood-burning range oven
- Fire pit & BBQ
- Dining area
- Utensils all provided
- Gas-powered fridge
- Bath with shower attachment is next to the hut in a private, enclosed unit
- Compost loo
- The bathroom also has a little wood-burning stove
- Hairdryers cannot be used in any of the camps
Heating, lighting & bedding
- All bed linen and towels provided
- Lighting is provided either by solar power or a 12 volt battery
- Each hut has a double bed at one end and removable bunk at the other that can be adapted into a sofa